Digital Machinist article:
Encoder Threading with Mach4 Lathe and the usb cnc controller PoKeys57CNC
I was excited to hear that threading with Mach4 Lathe and the usb cnc controller Pokeys57CNC with an encoder was now working. I just had to try it, since I had mixed success with index only threading in Mach3 Turn. I had tested other software that was supposed to do encoder threading, but they were beta versions and had several serious issues.
From what I have heard, LinuxCNC has had encoder threading for some time, but I have had problems with LinuxCNC in the past. Additionally, I didn’t want to have another PC solely dedicated to Linux.
Article photos and other credit by Dan Mauch, Digital Machinist
If you need more informations about Polabs – PoKeys poducts, here are some explanations about products:
- stepper motor driver – complete explanation
- Homing sensor ( NEW! product) and homing sensor (blog post)
- Bipolar stepper motor driver – PoStep25-256
- PCB tester – PoStep25-256
- 4th axis for CNC
- Introduction to CNC hardware – electronics
- plasma cutting equipment
- what is CNC plasma cutting
- what is CNC plasma floating head
- plasma cutter troubleshooting guide