What are the main parts of CNC plasma electronics
CNC plasma cutter machine is a widely used machine in metal manufacturing. The latest blogs: Plasma cutting equipment, Introduction to CNC hardware, and plasma cutter troubleshooting guide were great introductions to get some base knowledge or learn more and get an idea of how to improve something on the machine.
The main electronic parts of the CNC machine are:
- CNC controller – PoKeys57CNC
- Stepper motor driver or Bipolar stepper motor driver
- Stepper motor
- Plasma voltage divider
- Adapter board 10V-3,3V
- Homing sensor,
- Power supply
CNC plasma cutter voltage divider
Plasma divider – PlasmaDiv is a professional, precise, robust, and galvanically isolated voltage divider with a 50:1 ratio for CNC plasma cutting.
PlasmaDiv is developed to be used as an independent device and is compatible with most CNC controller boards on the market and plasma cutters.
Plasma Div features:
- High Voltage: operating range: 0-500 V, 50:1 input divider ratio , filtering cut-off frequency: 1 kHz
- Low voltage input (10V) divider ratio: 1:1,
- Isolated and filtered output voltage: 0-10 V,
- Isolation voltage (RMS): up to 1200 V,
- Isolation voltage (transients): up to 6000 V,
- Power supply voltage: 24 V,
- Start output relay signal.
- Plugin support for Mach3 and mach4, it can be operated with any CNC software and hardware without any drivers.
- PoKeys 57CNC – USB and Ethernet CNC controller or any other motion controller is needed for operation.
- To connect it to 3,3V input of the PoKeys57CNC or any controller with 3,3 V input use an Adapter board 10V-3V3 or made voltage divider.
How to connect CNC plasma cutter voltage divider
The PlasmaDiv device is prepared for two possible connections to the plasma cutter equipment. A max 500 V input for direct connection and 10 V input for connection using divided plasma cutter output.
Divided voltage connection
Advantages of PoKeys CNC plasma cutter voltage divider
- Small and powerful electronic devices.
- Divider offers noise-free arc voltage values attenuated to a safe voltage level, which can be interfaced with standard electronics such as A/D converters and microprocessors.
- PlasmaDiv is developed to be used as an independent device and is compatible with most CNC controller boards on the market and plasma cutters.
PoKeys CNC controller
Setup & wiring of CNC plasma electronics
Polabs offer you to get all electronic devices or equipment to set up and wire your custom CNC machine.
Configuration of CNC plasma electronics in Mach4
The right configuration is very important, all starts with the correct connection ( check pinout and layout) to the PlasmaDiv board.
Secondly, it is important to set up all parameters – in plug-in, PlasmaDiv can be used in Mach3 or Mach4 plug-in.
For more information please check the user manual for PlasmaDiv.
Polabs, develop and manufacture electronic products for many different areas and needs and also make some machines to make work easier, more productive, and high quality More introduction to CNC Plasma electronics and how to connect plasma voltage divider you can find in the product user manual. Below, here you can find some latest blog posts and products: